Saturday, July 30, 2011

kids growing up with a sense of humor! and we got RAIN!!!

in my email today from my daughter Abby:
DEAR MADRE,
DID YOU SLEEP GOOD...I SAW YOU TWITCH YOUR HEAD.LOL.OH...YOU WERE ALSO SNORING.
LOVE YA,
ABBY

I told her I was gonna twitch, my spanking hand on her bootie!!! bhahahaha

The conversations my kids have with me totally rock my boat in hilarity. I was wondering as I hung my underwear up on the clothes line. (it is in the back yard), if they were embarrassed to hang their underwear?
Eric: well I think it is insane and I only do it cause you said we have to
Gabe: what was the question
Anna: well, when Vanessa stayed she refused and used the dryer
Abby: I don't know, but probably think it is strange.

Eric rechiming in: EVERYbody can see them!!!!!!
MOM: but they are clean, why worry???

I am very conscientious of  my kids underwear and socks. I have this thing about making sure they are new/clean and without holes. 
On to the rain!!
We got buckets full! I mean it unleashed this week! I am so happy, my yard is happier! 
The funny part of rain in our town, is it can be soaking and almost flooding on your street and 5 blocks away, nothing.  So when I got a text from our kids (out and about on bikes) if they could go to the bike park.  Sure I said, but it is pouring be careful.  I was thinking, they just miss the rain, but it was a very heavy rain, and it was cold, and well, lightning.  I got a text back, no rain here? 
hmmm...
Lightning.
Text back, hey guys, how about no on the bike park, are you sure it isn't raining?

Their text: MOM it is freezing rain, we are at the library.
I tell hubby, he will pick up in his truck.
Text back, Dad is enroute, unlock bikes and be ready.


The hustled!  It was so cold by now, I was snapping pics and trying not to freeze and get soaked.  The rain was coming sideways.
My wonderful hubby and rescuer of soaking wet stranded children!


I love to watch my kids work together as a team.  It does something inside me, all warm and proud!