This is my view leaving nor-cal! I had to take a pic! Then a close up of my view from California to New Mexico!
Saturday we made it to Arizona! Can you see the sign?
The boys were so funny in the van. The truck was too loud for games, and too bouncy, so the boys talked the girls into swapping and they got an extra day in the van.
The first night we were in Bakersfield and this car parks right behind us! I was just perplexed at why they did it? We learned that we have to plan better to get out in the morning. Tony was awesome and backed up and pulled out and then had to back out of the whole parking lot. Crazy, but we were all cheering for him!
Whoops we goofed, this was our long day, and we stopped at the Comfort Inn, and not the Comfort Suites we had planned on, that was a mile further. It wasn't the nicest hotel, but the pool was fun and we were closer to home!
Ha ha, notice no Penske in front of me?? I couldn't handle it anymore, and well I wanted to be first in New Mexico! The girls agreed and we giggled as we whooshed by Dad and the boys!!
We were almost home, but the dust storm 3 hours out just wore us out, so we stopped in Willcox, Arizona. It is a little town, with the most comfy beds and a nice hot breakfast with the sweetest lady. Home was closer!
Passing the Continental Divide was just cool beyond. I don't know why I am impressed with this, but I am!
We are home, and the view of my honey in the PENSKE: