Sunday, October 3, 2010

Good News, our ants are happy, happy, happy!

Last week, on a very hot day, our ants arrived:
Thirty were ordered, but it was hot and well, they were not amused in that little tube.  We already had an ant farm container with this new fun blue stuff.  I did the pouring, and Abby took the pictures. 
 They began running to and fro...it was obvious, that a few of the 30 was dead.  But the live ones were very lively.  We gave them some time to adjust.
 
They are very fun to watch!  
Now a full day went and no tunnels, I was bummed and Eric read the directions.  Ants need directions? We then push 4 holes into the blue stuff and the ants went wild!  I had seen this cool light that went with the ant farm, but it was like $15 and it wasn't happening.  Last week, I ordered Christian Kids do Biology program and the light was on clearance for $3!  I ordered it and I am so glad I did!! It is beyond cool watching the ants now:
 Now with the lights off and the blue on:
Can you see the cool little ant?  Tony is so mesmerized.  The kids come in and look and move on.  Last night Tony stood and watched them connect a tunnel for a good 10-15 minutes, I was lucky enough to get the blow by blow play call of the ants accomplishments!