I didn't have 4 kids in soccer. I think I might despise this game, the whole kit and kaboodle! My sons are good...they play hard! My girls enjoy the socialization...I mean, like chatting with the team theirs and the opposing team about their shoes, their hair tyes, and the nifty little things that hold the sleeves up. Their coach can't tell them apart, so he just lets one play for 10minutes and then has the other one sub for her sister. It is hilarious. They run real fast out and then watch the game. Anna got the ball once and scored...oh did I mention she is defense...she plays off sides by the other teams goal...yeah...I am not yelling on the sides, I am sitting in a chair listening to the other parents try to get her attention..."your off-sides!!" as she waves to me...I do a little finger wave and wonder what the snacks will be.
So, tomorrow we have one game at 9am, another at 9:35 and then...another at 12:15. Did I mention that about 5thousand other people are all jammed into this soccer complex? Oh yeah, it's a parking nightmare..it makes conference parking seem tame.
I drop the kids off and park in Nevada and hike back in to California. We bring enough snacks for us to make it thru the 5 hours away from a fridge and microwave. Sunflower seeds, sandwiches, Funions in hopes that they will breath on their oppenents, apples, and gatoraides. We have my chair, a blanket for the athletes to relax on, a phase 10 game for the 2 hour wait between game (remember the parking situation...oh yea, we wait inbetween games), soccer balls, my umbrella because only 3 of the 25 fields have shade!
So, tomorrow, think of me....smiling at the kids going back and forth eating every thing in our cooler!